Thursday, July 02, 2009

Enough

What is enough work? Since preschool ended for the summer have been sorely missing my chunks of work time. It's been difficult with the new schedule, and teaching kids classes, and summer shows, and a disastrously messy studio (that I've been trying to clean out) to get much in the way of actual clay work done.

However, I have been spending some wonderful quality time with my daughter. We've made cakes and cookies and bread, practiced reading, played with play dough, sang silly songs together, and read our way through wonderful novels like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Dragon Rider, and some of The Series of Unfortunate Events. I'm insanely pleased and proud of the way she's started reading more difficult words on her own, and the way she likes to read easy readers to me "without help". I know that I will miss all of this when I go back to school in the Fall and she goes to full-time preschool, so I try to make the most of our time together. Still, I have a nagging itchy feeling when I'm not able to devote solid time to working with clay and I wonder at times if I'm just being lazy when I sit to cuddle with my little one and watch an episode of Star Trek from our recently purchased DVD collection.

In many ways, whether what I'm doing is "enough" comes down to who I'm trying to be. I often feel pulled a million ways by mothering, housework, extracurriculars for my little one, teaching, and making pots. Do I "really" want to be an artist, a supermom, or a teacher? And what if I want to be all of those things at once? Something has to give, and right now I feel like it's the art. Maybe that's ok.

9 comments:

. said...

nice art thanks for sharing

mükemmel çift son bölüm izle said...

thank you

master said...

hiii

master said...

There is something so therapeutic about watching clay take shape on the wheel and following the whole studio journey from bisque to final glaze firing! Studio update blogs and pottery breakdowns like this are always so inspiring to read. When taking a break after spending time in the workshop or reading creative process posts, streaming live channels and entertainment on xuper tv keeps unwinding quick and easy. Great post!

master said...

Pottery truly requires so much patience—especially when experimenting with new glaze recipes or perfecting hand-building techniques. Seeing creators share their studio progress and finished ceramic pieces is always a highlight. For fellow artists and readers who like keeping background streams or instructional videos playing on a tablet in the studio, having the xuper tv app ready makes streaming super smooth. Thanks for sharing this update!

master said...

Love seeing this update on your pottery journey! Whether dealing with kiln surprises or mastering trimming tools, the effort that goes into handmade ceramics is amazing. Whether unwinding at home after a long clay session or streaming live TV channels on your phone, downloading the txupertv apk gives you instant access to live streams anywhere. Looking forward to seeing your next set of fired pieces!

master said...

Spot-on studio entry! The craft of turning raw earth into functional art never fails to amaze me, and reading personal reflections from the studio adds so much appreciation for handmade pottery. After spending the evening reading art blogs, glaze tips, and studio journals, kicking back with super tv for live channels and evening shows is my favorite way to end the day. Wonderful write-up!

abdullah said...

Reading through community comments on a personal pottery blog is a fantastic way to connect with fellow artisans, exchange ceramic tips, and refine glazing techniques. When taking a break from working with clay and sharing DIY crafting stories online, downloading the moto wheelie 3d apk android download offers an awesome way to relax and pull off virtual motorcycle tricks right on your smartphone. Engaging with enthusiastic online readers builds a supportive space for hobbyists to showcase their creative journeys.

job for fun said...

This is a very useful post for anyone looking to rent a Prado in Islamabad or Rawalpindi. The information is presented clearly, making it easier to understand the available options and what to expect before booking. Well-organized articles like this save readers time and help them make better decisions. I also enjoy browsing technology and entertainment resources, and recently found Xuper gratis Apk, which offers helpful streaming guides and updates. Thanks for sharing such practical and informative content!