Thursday, February 22, 2007

Silent Conversations




Some of my work has just accepted in a national art competition with the theme "Silent Conversations" hosted by the Craft Alliance.

The Craft Alliance Exhibition Gallery features the one-of-a-kind work of several different contemporary craft artists in 6-8 themed exhibitions per year. For every exhibition, professional curators are selected to identify themes and choose artists and works from submissions. Each exhibition consists of 12-20 artists, both emerging and established in their careers.

Two of my works were accepted into the exhibition, both from my Offspring series. The Offspring series explores the relationship between parent and child in vessels that, though separate, literally rely on each other for balance and completion. They are especially personal for me because they reflect my own feelings about raising my daughter and being a stay-at-home mom.

The opening reception will be on Friday, March 16, 2007 from 6-8 pm and the show will run until May 6th. The Craft Alliance Gallery is located at 6640 Delmar Blvd. in St. Louis, Missouri.

To learn more about this exhibition, visit the Craft Alliance’s website at http://www.craftalliance.org. If you would like to see more pictures from my Offspring series, they can be viewed at www.tararobertsonpottery.com and http://trpottery.myartplot.com.




No comments: