Sunday, December 16, 2007

Studio Sale
On Saturday, I hosted a Open Studio/Holiday Sale at my house. It went really well and was oh-so-nice to do a sale without leaving the comfort of my own home. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy fairs and festivals a couple times a year, but this was a surprising delight to find that when someone was not here, I could go back upstairs or out in my lab and work on other things. Below are some photos of the show.

I "borrowed" furniture from all over the house for the set-up downstairs.

Most of the artwork was courtesy of my two-year old daughter and my 22 year old brother who is a fabulous painter. The paintings in the picture above are drips and splashes from my daughter.


This is a close-up of the center table.
I definitely will be doing a similar sale next year. The only thing I'm planning on doing differently is having it a little earlier in the month of December. A lot of the people who dropped by seemed a little stressed running around trying to get stuff ready for Christmas.

No comments: