Tuesday, January 08, 2008

After-Holdiay Funk



My house is finally back in working order (meaning there aren't gifts and Christmas decorations strewn everywhere) and dusted and vacumned. My husband is back in school and my daughter is back on a normal sleeping schedule. It feels liberating to have regularly scheduled time to work and less housework to keep me from my studio. But at the same time, I miss having family noisiness all the time and novel things to do everyday. I miss having a steady supply of other adults to talk to and I think my daughter does too. I'm in a bit of a funk today and I don't think the freezing weather and grey skies are helping much!

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

I miss the chaos and free for all of Christmas break, myself - now it's back to "normal". sigh...

chaetoons said...

Yes! That's the worst thing about the holiday season! Is the after-Christmas time when it seems so lonely without the noise and compatiblity of friends and family. And here in Idaho, we've been socked in with a LOT of snow and very gray skies!
That's one of the reasons (to avoid winter depression) that i tried my darnest to figure out how to put a chatroom on my blog -- am hoping to get some "live" discussions going amongst us about pottery, glazes, techniques and art-related subjects.
Will you will come over and join in?
Hugs
Chae
http://www.claygallimaufry.blogspot.com

Enzie Shahmiri said...

I am making rounds through EtsyInteriorDesign and just wanted to say hello.