Monday, May 12, 2008

Home Sale--a review


The show went from 10-5 and it was slower than slow (actually not a soul came) until 1:30. That was a little depressing. I sat around reading Twilight (again) and waiting for the sound of the doorbell. A slow trickle of people after that, some modest sales, and I was feeling better. Then about 4:00, there was a steady stream of friends and visitors, some who purchased, some who came to look and chat, until well after 5:00. When I finally took the sign off of my door and officially shut down for the night, I had sold more pottery than I had ever done at any single home sale, gallery show, or outdoor festival.

So here is what I learned: Give better directions or a map on my invitation cards. (I had a friend who nearly turned around because she is from another city and couldn't navigate my cul-de-sac ridden town.) Start the show later and go longer. (Thank heavens for the people who came a little late and made purchases.) And last but not least, do not read addictive fiction to fill time. (I ended up spending the next couple of days finishing Twilight and reading the rest of the series because I can't put a book down once I've started)

No comments: